Yet to establish a credible connection with a potential buyer, sellers have to be willing to take the time to understand their prospects in detail.
A good messaging strategy:
- Is planned to give the right information to the right person for that person’s stage in the buying process
- Helps establish credibility
- Shows that the seller understands the prospect’s experience in detail
What does it take to create effective messaging that connects your organization’s sellers with your target buyers?
Developing a marketing message that resonates requires substantial thought and understanding. By creating compelling and captivating messages, companies give themselves a way to rise above the din of the marketplace.
As a potential buyer, I am inundated daily with communications from companies trying to make a connection with me and prompt me to buy their product or service. In some cases, I have expressed interest, in others I have not.
What makes the difference between a message that’s rebuffed as noise, and one that’s embraced as relevant?
Here are 5 tips to help you discover your most relevant messaging:
- Understand you may have many different buyer audiences. Tailor your messaging according to the specific job function of the prospect you are interacting with.
- Understand the unique set of circumstances your potential buyer is concerned with or wants to improve. Each person may be looking at a different set of benefits in the solution you are offering. Take time to know each person’s unique pain points, as well as shared challenges and desired achievements.
- Get answers for ways to best solve potential buyer pain points or desired achievements. Talk with your existing customers to understand their experience with your solutions. Telling their stories can be the best way to inform prospects.
- Understand unique buyer timeframes. The time-limited sales offer can provide a good incentive to close sales. But sometimes imposing your timeframe can annoy or appear irrelevant to your prospect. Consider timing from your prospect’s point of view.
- Vary your messaging to the same prospect buyer audience. This can help you uncover the full range of needs and wants, rather than the most obvious ones.
Get the full details on these tips for creating relevant messaging for your buyers. You’ll find them when you download our new ebook: Relevant Messaging: Here’s How to Do It.
Explore this guide and more in our growing library of FREE resources to help you make your sales team leadership the best it can be.