I started the Lead Generation Insights blog in 2010 to provide tips, ideas and insights for B2B outbound prospecting. Outbound prospecting will remain a strong focus in 2014. Another goal is to share relevant inside sales information with lead generation professionals and organizations.
As we start a new year, I’ll continue bringing you new B2B ideas to help you as you outbound prospect. You can use these brief tips to quickly support your ongoing efforts as you move forward.
Here are my top 20 tips to help you with B2B outbound prospecting in 2014:
- There is nothing to fear but fear itself – get on the phone and prospect — it works
- Research your prospect and your market before you pick up the phone
- Know who you are calling and why they need to talk to you
- Focus and concentrate
- Don’t get discouraged
- Share ideas with your team — say what’s working what’s not
- Be bold — Try something different or creative
- Use LinkedIn — You never know who your prospects know
- Metrics matter
- Be a sponge
- Converse, engage, and qualify
- Build a relationship
- Never ever give up
- Listen. Listen, Listen
- Work hard but be smart
- Have pride in your work
- Have fun
- Make it count
These short and brief tips will help you get results as you outbound prospect in 2014. I look forward to hearing how you do
I wish every one of you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.